Terms and Conditions
Our Terms of Service:
- Once your payment is paid your order has been processed and is non-refundable.
- We ensure a safe and swift delivery of all baked goods. Once items have been delivered Taste and Sea Cakery is not responsible for any damage that may occur to the product. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the desserts ordered. Cakes can be heavy and require a sturdy table and optimal room temperature of 75 degrees or below. High temperatures can adversely affect your dessert. It is your responsibility to arrange a spot that is safe and secure for your dessert that is out of direct sunlight and away from unnecessary heat. Designing and detailing desserts is a creative, intricate, and organic process and as a result, the product is delicate and sensitive to extreme temperatures.
- All refrigerated desserts must come to room temperature to ensure the best quality of flavor and texture. It is recommended at least 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on room temperature and size of the desserts ordered. If warm the ordered items may not need as long and vice versa if the air temperature is cold.
- Store any unfinished desserts covered in airtight containers and/or covered with plastic wrap. Cakes, cupcakes, and macarons must be refrigerated. Cookies can be stored at room temperature. If improperly stored Taste and Sea Cakery is not liable for alterations in shelf life and quality of freshness of desserts.
- If fresh flowers are used you acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
- If you or your representative elects to pick up and set up the desserts, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the baked goods once they leave Taste and Sea Cakery’s possession.
- On occasion, we will photograph our desserts and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
Terms for Delivered orders:
- A Delivery order is an order that is hand-delivered within the San Diego region. We deliver seven days a week, except on National Holidays! Delivery orders have a $25.00 minimum and the delivery fee varies depending on the mile radius from the Taste and Sea location. We'll send you an email when the order has been delivered!
- All online orders must be placed 48 prior to the desired delivery day.
- When placing an order requiring delivery you will be prompted to choose a date and delivery window in which your order will arrive. Our delivery windows are 11 AM-1 PM, 1-3 PM, and 3-5PM.
- We are happy to take requests for more specific delivery times, but we are not able to guarantee them. However, we always do our very best to accommodate requests! We do guarantee delivery orders arrive within your selected delivery window.
- If you are not available at your delivery time we will try to leave your order with a third party if we can (like your doorman, receiving desk, etc.) but if that doesn’t work, your order will be available for pick-up only at Taste and Sea Cakery. You may also leave us a note when placing your order with delivery instructions.